booksandwhimsy

Books and Whimsy

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) - Stephenie Meyer *Spoiler heavy!*

"Until your heart stops beating, Bella. I’ll be here — fighting. Don’t forget that you have options."

- Jacob Black, Eclipse

"Jacob was right. He’d been right all along. He was more than just my friend. That’s why it was so impossible to tell him goodbye — because I was in love with him. Too. I loved him, much more than I should, and yet, still nowhere near enough. I was in love with him, but it was not enough to change anything; it was only enough to hurt us both more. To hurt him worse than I ever had."

- Bella Swan, Eclipse

The entire book I kept hoping Bella would finally see what I had known for some time - Jacob was right, and she was in love with him, too. Even Edward acknowledged that when Jacob stitched Bella back together after he (Edward) left, that formed a bond between them.

That scene in the snow...the kiss, Bella's realization, the life they could have had...

"I’m exactly right for you, Bella. It would have been effortless for us — comfortable, easy as breathing. I was the natural path your life would have taken… If the world was the way it was supposed to be, if there were no monsters and no magic…"

- Jacob Black, Eclipse

Do I need to say anymore? This was my favorite book in the series in some ways - the action, the intensity, the more mature tone. But in the end, the novel left me more heartbroken than I had thought possible.

"If the silence in my head lasted, I would never go back. I wouldn’t be the first one to choose this form over the other. Maybe, if I ran far enough away, I would never have to hear again… I pushed my legs faster, letting Jacob Black disappear behind me."

- Jacob Black, Eclipse.